一期一会

食べて、お昼寝して、遊んでまた食べる・・・そんな猫たちみたいに、好きなことだけする日々

Terrible Tilly

f:id:oregontabby:20220316022317j:plain

 

f:id:oregontabby:20220316022429j:plain

 

f:id:oregontabby:20220316022736j:plain

 

f:id:oregontabby:20220316022850j:plain

 

f:id:oregontabby:20220316022914j:plain

 

f:id:oregontabby:20220316022946j:plain

 

f:id:oregontabby:20220316023221j:plainTillamook Rock Lighthouse was officially lit on January 21, 1881.

Due to the local erratic weather conditions and the dangerous commute for both keepers and suppliers, the lighthouse earned the nickname "Terrible Tilly." 

The worst storm on record in October of 1934 smashed Tilly's lantern room and Fresnel lens. It was never replaced. On September 1, 1957, the light was turned off for good. 

Tillamook Rock Lighthouse | The Mystery of "Terrible Tilly" (traveloregon.com)

エコラ州立公園の沖の岩に建つ、ティラムック・ロック灯台

灯台守と灯台に必要な物資を運ぶ人たちは、変わりやすい天候や、激しい嵐で大荒れになる海と格闘せざるを得ず、そのため「テリブル・ティリー」というニックネームがついたそうです

1881年1月21日に最初の火を灯した灯台は、1934年10月の4日間吹き荒れた猛烈な嵐によりレンズが破壊され、以降、修復されることなく、1957年9月1日に灯台としての役目を終えました

アメリカオレゴン州でお勧めのアクティビティ | ビジットオレゴン州 | オレゴン州の観光 (visittheusa.com)